Julia Segal is a counsellor working in North West London. She is particularly interested in the effects on people and relationships of physical illness and disabling health conditions.
Julia Segal MA FBACP
- is a Fellow of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
- works as a counsellor for people affected by neurological and other physical health conditions in North West London.
- has counselled more than 400 people with Multiple Sclerosis and more than 200 members of their families over the past 20 years,
- has counselled many people with other neurological conditions, and those connected to them
- counsels individuals
- counsels couples in a relationship, including parent-child, health professional-client and carer-cared for, as well as marital or partnership relationships.
- trains professionals who work with people with neurological or other disabling conditions
- wirtes about illness, disability and counselling
- has a particular interest in the ideas of Melanie Klein and Hanna Segal, and their application to everyday life.
She has four websites:
www.mscounselling.com in revision February 2012
http://juliasegal.co.uk/ (NB: not .com – there is another Julia Segal, who is an artist)
www.juliasegal.talktalk.net This used to be www.mscounselling.com, but needs updating. It doesn’t look good, but it has some useful pages on MS, relationships and counselling. I’m slowly transferring it to the new version.
Sorry if you get adverts on this website: I’m trying to find out how to get rid of them.
Comments on: "About Julia Segal" (7)
Like the new web site! Looks great.
Dear Ms. Julia Segal:
It’s great that I found you! For the past two years I studied your “Phantasy in Everyday Life” (though not very hard – hahaha). I’ll keep visiting your websites. Keep contact!
Dear Julia I am trying to make contact with u but have not been successful if u can remember me from Brent pct where u provided me with counselling if so please can I have a reply to my mail
I am so sorry, i have only just found this comment, 3 years after you sent it! You can email me on firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like! So sorry for the long delay!
with best wishes
Hope you are well.
I was just enquiring about how much you charge for counselling for those who have ms and are struggling with it please?
Hi Shereen, I did reply but perhaps you didn’t receive it; sorry if it was my fault. My fees depend on your income. I’m happy to meet you and talk about it if you would like.
you can write to me at email@example.com
I had a stroke 10 years ago . Haven’t worked since then
Started at ccpe To Council TBI people for free
Went to the Houses of Parliament for the stroke association and was on an NHS London Neuroscience Strategic Clinical Leadership group for 4 years