Julia Segal is a counsellor working in North West London. She is particularly interested in the effects on people and relationships of physical illness and disabling health conditions.
Julia Segal MA FBACP
- is a Fellow of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
- works as a counsellor for people affected by neurological and other physical health conditions in North West London.
- has counselled more than 400 people with Multiple Sclerosis and more than 200 members of their families over the past 20 years,
- has counselled many people with other neurological conditions, and those connected to them
- counsels individuals
- counsels couples in a relationship, including parent-child, health professional-client and carer-cared for, as well as marital or partnership relationships.
- trains professionals who work with people with neurological or other disabling conditions
- wirtes about illness, disability and counselling
- has a particular interest in the ideas of Melanie Klein and Hanna Segal, and their application to everyday life.
She has four websites:
www.mscounselling.com in revision February 2012
http://juliasegal.co.uk/ (NB: not .com – there is another Julia Segal, who is an artist)
www.juliasegal.talktalk.net This used to be www.mscounselling.com, but needs updating. It doesn’t look good, but it has some useful pages on MS, relationships and counselling. I’m slowly transferring it to the new version.
Sorry if you get adverts on this website: I’m trying to find out how to get rid of them.